STEEL PANTHERS ENHANCED // NORTH AFRIKA

Dedicated site for the SP: Enhanced, North Afrika, American Civil War, and Vietnam mods. Hosted by freeforums.org
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
WELCOME TO THE STEEL PANTHERS ENHANCED & NORTH AFRIKA MODS FORUM.

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have

* access to post topics and messages
* communicate privately with other members (PM)
* respond to polls
* upload content
* access many other special features and forum areas

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join us and take advantage of the benefits the Steel Panthers Enhanced community has to offer you.

Post subject: Re: Release the Mod
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:58 pm 
Assistant

A few things I added at the last moment got missed too, Jim. Go ahead with the fort icons. I foresee a patch to include more sounds, icons, terrain, and scenarios pretty soon. Hey if you want to collaborate even more, I can do some masonry fortifications too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:48 am 
Administrator

Jim
Therer is a lot of stuff that didn't get put in, and I plan on having future update patches. But I wanted to get this thing out the door now, to allow folks to try it out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:18 pm 
Recruit

Gotcha ...I'll get to work on these then.

Matt: I'll PM you with details about how I plan to proceed ...they're your icons, so I prefer 'clearing' any changes, etc. with you first.

Loading & SP-Fixing this set is already a pretty tall order, so I don't know if adding the 'masonry' set is a good idea right now (unless it has fewer icons).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:19 pm 
Assistant

No need to clear anything with me, Jim. My feelings will NOT be hurt, I assure you. Well, the masonry set is going to have to wait for version 2 anyway, along with the naval aspect, so no rush on those. For one thing, the parapet icons will not be in the masonry set. The guns would be mounted inside or on top of the works. Come to think of it, Kevin, that would be worth looking into for the masonry icons. The sections of wall with guns could actually be units classified as bunkers. This way, designers arrange the layout of the masonry fort, sans guns, on the map and save it, then purchase the sections with guns, place them on the fort, and right click to face them the correct direction. Would make a hell of a chore out of reducing the big forts. Penetration might not be a huge issue, as I recall reading stories of the defenders of Forts Jackson and St. Phillip being so shell-shocked that many of them mutinied. Jim, I'll be awaiting your PM, sir :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:20 pm 
Administrator

Hey Matt for updates...
For those who use modswap, you need to ensure new files can just be placed in the mod file, therefore if there are files that were not in the mod before the update, like that 1502 wav file for instance a New INI fil also has to be included also or the Mod wont load.

"Nothing is more essential to the establishment of manners in a State than that all persons employed in places of power and trust be men of unexceptionable characters. The public cannot be too curious concerning the character of public men."