STEEL PANTHERS ENHANCED // NORTH AFRIKA

Dedicated site for the SP: Enhanced, North Afrika, American Civil War, and Vietnam mods. Hosted by freeforums.org
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
WELCOME TO THE STEEL PANTHERS ENHANCED & NORTH AFRIKA MODS FORUM.

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have

* access to post topics and messages
* communicate privately with other members (PM)
* respond to polls
* upload content
* access many other special features and forum areas

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join us and take advantage of the benefits the Steel Panthers Enhanced community has to offer you.

Post subject: Generic Mod Enabler JSGME
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:39 pm 
Staff

I'm a big fan of Dr. Jones JSGME, Jones Software Generic Mod Enabler

It does a similar job to what ModSwap does. Compatible mods consist of a folder, named for what the mod is, and files and folders matching the format of the game files. The simplest example is scenarios. A folder named Berlin 45 would be for a battle in Berlin in 1945. Inside that folder is a folder named SCEN to match the SPWAW SCEN folder. Inside the Scen folder are the dat cmt and txt files of the scenario. Instead of renaming the files so that you don't overwrite your originals, you install and uninstall the files with JSGME.

This works well for me but you have to be a little computer savy and pay attention to what you did to undo it later.

First go to the website and get the latest version

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/softwa ... jsgme.html

Extract the setup file in your main SPWAW folder. (If you have more than one install and you wish to go crazy, you need to put the setup in each install.) Run the setup and it will create the files and folders. It will warn you that MODS already exists if you have used ModSwap previously. If not, you may run into problems later if you try to run ModSwap. I will assume that you have installed Enhanced with ModSwap and that is why you are here. The warning will allow you to name your mod folder at that time. I used MODSjsgme. Then I create a desktop shortcut to the JSGME exe file.

Now I can place my compatible mod folder in the MODSjsgme folder. I run JSGME from my shortcut and a window shows my mod on the left, not installed. I click the mod and use the arrows to install it. I am careful to uninstall it when I don't need it.

Why would I bother? ModSwap will not allow you to mod over a mod. I play with Enhanced which mods most of the game. I want to install my Korean War flag mod. ModSwap won't let me because the flags are already modded by Enhanced. JSGME doesn't know that and will let me install my Korean flags. WARNING: I must uninstall my Korean War mod before I uninstall Enhanced.
I am also familiar with modding and folders so that making a JSGME mod is not much work for me.

JSGME will warn you about multiple mods within JSGME. However it will let you do it and try to keep track of what you did. In theory it will warn you if you try to uninstall in the wrong sequence but I'm not going to guarantee anything that you might do.

This really works well for campaigns where you don't want to overwrite an existing campaign and you don't want to rename a long list of files.

Post subject: Re: Generic Mod Enabler JSGME
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:47 pm 
Staff

Here is Larry Browning's Conquest of England campaign. Extract the folder into your MODSjsgme folder then install.

Navigate to this folder, open the 1 England Campaign files folder and read the material before playing.

Attachments:
ConquestEngCamp.zip [1.26 MiB]
Downloaded 56 times

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:50 pm 
Staff

Here is Larry Browning's Korea 1950 campaign. Same as above, and open the folder 1 Korea Action Reports.

Attachments:
Korea Campaign.zip [2.41 MiB]
Downloaded 56 times

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 pm 
Staff

Here is my Korean War flags mod in JSGME format.

WBW used the Soviets for North Korea in his series of battles, this mod changes the Soviet flag to an NK one. It also changes the Communist China flag to the correct version for 1950.

Attachments:
J2D Korea War Flags.zip [230.52 KiB]
Downloaded 44 times