STEEL PANTHERS ENHANCED // NORTH AFRIKA

Dedicated site for the SP: Enhanced, North Afrika, American Civil War, and Vietnam mods. Hosted by freeforums.org
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
WELCOME TO THE STEEL PANTHERS ENHANCED & NORTH AFRIKA MODS FORUM.

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have

* access to post topics and messages
* communicate privately with other members (PM)
* respond to polls
* upload content
* access many other special features and forum areas

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join us and take advantage of the benefits the Steel Panthers Enhanced community has to offer you.

Post subject: Adjusting The Start Lines
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 am 
Administrator

Adjusting The Start Lines

Your looking to start a game and found a map but it is not set up the way you want to to be the start
lines are all wrong for what you had planned. Fixing it is not big deal if your willing to spend a few
minutes doing it. All you need a few minutes and the right attitude to do it. I can't do it doesn't cut
it. Its time to figure it out. Here is what you need to do.

1. Start the game and select Play by Mail game. The at the next menu select the Editor button.

2. At this point I make it a habit to set up the options on this page to reflect the conditions of the
game I want to create on this map. It may not be necessary but I have been burned by the games
editors too many times not to be a bit a superstitious about it. It can't hurt to do it. Set it up as you
want it.

3. Once your on the editing screen locate the button that says Load Map. The requester box pops up with a list of your maps. Locate the one you want to use and Select it.

4. Then locate the button near the load map button that says Edit. Select it. View the map to make
sure it is the one you want to use. If it is select the Exit map edit button to leave this screen. You
only wanted to confirm you have the right map.

5. The next step is to select the player 1 deployment button as if you were about to deploy forces. This will bring up the map and you will find at the bottom of the button list a button with two green
flags on it. Select that one. This should bring up a set of three buttons that allow you to alter the
start lines for each side or allow the game to decide where to put them.

6. All you need to do at this point is select the side you want to alter the lines for and begin clicking
on the map where you want the new start lines to be. You should make sure you have them the way you want them and did not miss a flag by going over the map once your done and looking at it. Once your happy with the changes go to the next step.

7. Quit the build menu by clicking on the exit button. Quit the Deploy menu by clicking on the exit button

8. Locate the Edit button you used to confirm you had the right map and select it again. Then save
the map by selecting the Save button at the bottom. The requester box comes up asking for the slot
you want to save the map in (I suggest you use a blank slot) And the name of the map (I suggest
you use a similar name and add something to it to indicate a modified map) Then save the map.

9. Load the map “As Designed” when you set up a battle with it and your new start lines should be in
place. See it was not that hard to do. You may want to double check it before you set up a game and
send it to another player. It is easy to make a mistake or miss a flag.