STEEL PANTHERS ENHANCED // NORTH AFRIKA

Dedicated site for the SP: Enhanced, North Afrika, American Civil War, and Vietnam mods. Hosted by freeforums.org
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
WELCOME TO THE STEEL PANTHERS ENHANCED & NORTH AFRIKA MODS FORUM.

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have

* access to post topics and messages
* communicate privately with other members (PM)
* respond to polls
* upload content
* access many other special features and forum areas

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join us and take advantage of the benefits the Steel Panthers Enhanced community has to offer you.

Post subject: Editing Scenarios & Campaigns for Enhanced
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:43 pm 
Staff

What's the proper way to edit scenarios to the latest Enh FR (or NL)?
Can someone give step-by-step instructions that an idiot can follow?
Is there a primer somewhere?

I'd like to edit some campaigns for FR-NL.

Post subject: Re: Editing Scenarios & Campaigns for Enhanced
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:41 pm 
Administrator

you have to get all the campaign files numbered like C001sxxx.cmt...ect ect...and what I do is rename them all to scen 000, scen 001 and so on, then place them in Scen folder, (which will overwrite all Scenario files, so I move the actual scen files first...)and then load up the editor, laod each scenario one by one and edit units in need, then save, then you have to save them back as a campaign file, i use fred WAW editor, which comes with the game for this.

BTW why am I getting spam email from you?? I think you got hacked....LOL

"Nothing is more essential to the establishment of manners in a State than that all persons employed in places of power and trust be men of unexceptionable characters. The public cannot be too curious concerning the character of public men."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 pm 
Staff

Alby wrote:
you have to get all the campaign files numbered like C001sxxx.cmt...ect ect...and what I do is rename them all to scen 000, scen 001 and so on, then place them in Scen folder, (which will overwrite all Scenario files, so I move the actual scen files first...)and then load up the editor, laod each scenario one by one and edit units in need, then save, then you have to save them back as a campaign file, i use fred WAW editor, which comes with the game for this.

Thanks, Alby. I'll get started and come back with questions...

Alby wrote:
BTW why am I getting spam email from you?? I think you got hacked....LOL

Really? Damn. Sorry about that!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:01 pm 
Administrator

For more on editing scenarios, see this primer I put up: editing-scenarios-with-enhanced-t146.html

Campaign editing has its own problems; after all the scenario work is done, you have to re-load the scenarios into the campaign structure. You may also have to adjust the initial Buy Points, due to older OOBs having different unit costs. If the campaign was originally intended for, say, a tank company and an infantry platoon, all of which used to cost more in the older version, the player might now have enough points to buy 2 tank companies, which may unbalance the campaign.

The best way to deal with this is to check the intro text for the suggested force, then purchase those units and note how much they all cost (including the cost of the A0 unit). Buy the most expensive versions (the best tanks, the heaviest armed infantry, the largest caliber artillery) and add another 5-10% for flex; some players do not use the True Troop setting, or the Reduced Squads one, which will make for more expensive units. Now change the points in the Build column for the first scenario slot.

I wouldn't recommend messing with the other points unless you know the original campaign inside and out; the rebuilding and support points were often figured based on what the designer wished the player to have access to at different stages of the campaign. For example, in the Desert Rats campaign, we used certain scenarios to let the player completely rebuild his force with different tank units, to represent a move from the 11th Hussars with armoured cars to the 7th RTR with Matilda tanks. Without the large rebuilding points, the campaign will not work the way it was intended.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:52 pm 
Staff

FlashfyreSP wrote:
For more on editing scenarios, see this primer I put up: editing-scenarios-with-enhanced-t146.html

I thought I remembered info on this. Guess I didn't look far enough. Thanks, Kevin.